Thursday, February 24, 2005

MPH Warehouse Sales 25th Feb to 28th Feb

I just got back from the MPH Warehouse sales in Kelana Jaya. Thanks to Yvonne who alerted me that it's Member's Day today. The sales will be opened to public from tomorrow to the 28th February. If you have some books you'd like to get, go check it out. Most paperbacks are available at 30% of retail price. Only about 20 shelves of contemporary novels, so choices are kind of limited, but there are a few good buys from the regular authors. I think people who enjoys buying self help book and those with children should be able to fill up boxes with books to purchase. I only managed to get 5 paperbacks.

Deception Point - Dan Brown
- This will be his 4th novel in my collection after Da Vinci's Code, Angels & Demons and Digital Fortress. Dan Brown has shown ability to make more twists and turns than the road to Cameron Highlands, so I hope this will be an equally an engaging read.

My Side - David Beckham
- Beckham's book would be my 4th football related autobiography. I had read David O'Leary's, Roy Keane's and Sir Alex Ferguson's. Given that I am not a Manchester United fan, it is indeed suprising why I picked up 3 of their member's books. I just enjoy reading the "off-the-pitch" stories presented by them. Maybe Beckham will tell how he conceive Brooklyn in New York.

Family Way - Tony Parson
- Also another 4th book in my collection of Tony Parson's books. Tony Parson writes mostly about a guy and his relationship with his family, wife and child(ren). I am not sure what this book is about, but I have this habit of collecting books by the same author if I enjoy their other books.

3rd Degree - James Patterson
- Oh my god. Also the 4th book in a series of James Patterson book. What is this? Why all the 4s??? Anyway, it is the 3rd of a series of criminal investigation story lead by a group of female protagonists. Last 2 books (1st to die, 2nd chance) have proven to be an interesting thriller read.

The Curious Incident of the Dog In The Night-Time - Mark Haddon
- Ahhhh, finally, a new author and a new book. Not very sure what it is about, but the Curious Incident title has always got me curious. I think Jaime has read the book, but not sure if she is recommending it. But what the heck... you gotta take a chance sometimes. It's a best seller after all... can't go wrong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eugene Goh said...

4's... hints to buy 4D~

ok... chance to raise some fund for TCG future outing...

5 bucks per person on saturday... and the number is.......... 4444!!!!

http://www.sportstoto.com.my/g_statistic/myfav.asp

check out the strike rate... it's not bad at all!

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home