Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sometimes Simplicity is BEST...

I've been procrastinating on my want to blog on a number of food events. It maybe 1.30am now but I suppose its as good as any other time to post this as it's long overdue. I'll be blogging about a simple meal LM conjured up but this posting should really be after the taichow session of last Thursday at Paris, SS2. However as the pictures I took are in a MMcard, I'm unable to upload them. Dell, apparently manufacturers laptops with card readers that are unable to read MMC formats. Sigh...that posting of all the glorious food (the volume eaten was astounding) will just have to wait.

It was a Sunday evening, after a late but utterly satisfying lunch at Restoran Fast Food Fish Head in Sri Petaling. This restaurant serves among the best fish head in KL where the fish head varieties include sea fishes! The ginger steamed bullfrogs were heavenly as well. I will certainly be making another visit soon in the coming weeks. Anyone interested should let me know asap as I'm already craving for their food even at this ungodly hour (but then again I'm like that!)



Anyhow being rather full from lunch, LM & I needed just a simple bite for dinner. Rummaging through my freezer we found what's left of the minced meat & sliced beef from LM's grandad's famous beef noodles, Soong Kee in Jln Silang. Recreating the simple but delicious noodle was probably the best I've had for quite some time. Sometimes simplicity really does bring out the best. I'll let the following pictures do the talking but I was definitely a satisfied diner that night.



1 Comments:

Blogger jaime said...

LURRRRVE Soong Kee's beef noodles! My dad and I enjoy flooding our large bowl of noodles with their signature chilli sauce...Aaah, simply AWESOME! From the days of waiting forever for a table in the crowded cobweb ceiling, humble lil stall to the upgraded indoor restaurant it has now become, I practically grew up eating the noodles almost every fortnight with my parents, no kidding. We even started buying the Lee's pineapple juice from them by the cartons. Talk about insane. hehe. Simplicity IS the best! And yes, I did make my farewell trip there twice before leaving KL. You can bet on getting equal or better Asian dishes here in Melbourne but there will NEVER be a bowl of beef noodles anywhere as good as Soong Kee's.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home