Friday, June 03, 2005

Dear Diary...

Dear Diary,

Today, the most horrific thing happened to me in my 7 years of existence! I am scarred for life. I am afraid that I will not be able to sprout any more leaves or dig deeper with my roots. I'm so traumatized that I think I need professional help before I wither and die. *Sob* *sob*

It was a cool and quiet night in Taman Desa, where I have been rooted since I was a sapling 7 years back. It was about 3am, and from a distance, I can see the headlight of a car approaching. Probably one of the late night party goer on the way back home. I see this a lot over the years, especially on the weekends. Every car that passes, all passed on by without taking a note of my existence. I am glad for that, I sure don't want trouble with them, especially if they are intoxicated with alcohol after a night of drinks.

But tonight, as this approaching car drove past me, it suddenly braked and screeched to a halt. As I stared ahead and wondered why the car had stopped so suddenly, the car suddenly engaged its reverse gear and backed straight towards my direction at a frightening speed! I was horrified. I can't move! Within a blink of an eye, I felt my body being rammed! Oh, how it hurts! Good thing there was a curb that slowed that metal beast down, otherwise, I would have been uprooted!

As I felt the back of the car against my body, and my senses trying to register what had happened, a girl stepped out from the driver side of the car, with her handphone held next to her ears and she was still conversing into the phone. As she stepped towards me, I was hoping that she will at least have a look at how I was, after all, I've been her kind, quiet neighbour for years! But no, she had a look at the back of her car, and noticed that the bumper of the car was dented and the number plate had fallen off as a result of the impact to my body. I can see that she was getting upset and she began to flail her arms around wildly, accusing that I was the cause of the crash! I can only keep quiet, I had no opportunity to present my view of the event. In the midst of her tantrum, she flung her phone towards me and caused a scar on my side, but wrecked her nice phone to pieces. Hah. Serves her right!

I can hear her mutter to herself that she will want to do a report to the officials that I caused this crash and will want to claim payment for damages, and punitive damages as well! And she immediately climbed into her car and drove off. I was flabbergasted. It was so obvious that I had done nothing wrong. It was a pure hit-and-run case, yet, now I will be investigated, and in all probability be found guilty, because in accordance to the law, I had caused the accident because it was the back of the car that was damaged. I will probably be uprooted because I will be deemed a menace to the society. Oh, how cruel life could be, for a poor innocent tree that has stayed inconspicuously on the same spot over the years. Tell me, oh tell me... how could I continue to live out my days?

Traumatised Tree.


*published with permission from Traumatised Tree.

Disclaimer: All story line and characters portrayed in this blog is purely fictional and have no relevance to anyone dead or alive. Any similarities to real persons and incidents are purely intentional

1 Comments:

Blogger Porcine Glory said...

Killa Post!
sungguh menghayati watak si pokok...

A page turner. Dont start unless you have the whole weekend. - New York Post

Clearly, this is one of Kenny's better works - The Sun

Now, we only have to wait for the 2nd book - Sydney Herald

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home